Vishnugupt, popularly known as Chanakya or Kautilya, was an great teacher, philosopher, economist, jurist and royal advisor. Authored of Arthashastra, ancient Indian political treatise, he is considered the pioneer of the field of political science and economics in India.
His books, Arthashastra and Chanakya Niti, are still believed to be classics in the field of politics and economics.
Known to be great teacher, Chanakya assisted the first Mauryan emperor Chandragupta in his rise to power. Till today his words of wisdom are highly relevant.
Here are a few life lessons everyone should read and apply in their lives:
- Learn from the mistakes of others, you can't live long enough to make them all yourself.
- Men who talk about their wives in front of others might say something they did not intend to.
- One should not discuss financial crunch with people. If you are going through a financial problem, keep it to yourself.
- A man is great by deeds not be birth.
- People who share their personal problems with others are always ridiculed and looked down upon. People laugh at them behind their back.